Elizabeth has more than 8 years’ experience working as a town planner and has worked across both public and private sectors in the delivery of planning advice. During this time Elizabeth has been involved in a wide range of planning matters which has aided her in developing a sound practical knowledge of planning system across NSW and the ACT.
Elizabeth’s areas of specialisation include:
- Environmental impact assessment
- Statutory planning and development approvals
- Development assessment
- Re-zoning proposals and approvals.
Specific examples of Elizabeth’s experience include:
- Town planning services for Stockland’s ‘Willowdale’ development in East Leppington (Sydney, NSW) including due diligence, master planning, development applications and approvals, and ongoing planning advice.Stockland’s East Leppington precinct covers an approximate area of 460 hectares. Once complete, ‘Willowdale’ will cater for over 4,000 new homes, retirement living and care, a neighbourhood shopping centre, a state primary school and childcare centre, and two district and five local parks.
- Town planning services for Stockland’s medium density residential development in Macarthur Gardens North (Sydney, NSW) – due diligence, master planning, development applications and approvals, ongoing planning advice.Stockland’s Macarthur Gardens North site covers 18 hectares. Once complete, it will deliver approximately 270 medium density dwellings, 150 apartments, retail/commercial opportunities, multiple parks and new train station access to Macarthur Station.
- Town planning services for HTI Group’s mixed-use development in Watson, ACT – community consultation, development applications, ongoing planning advice.
- Preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement for a large-scale sand extraction facility at Boydtown, NSW – community consultation and planning approvals.
- Preparation of a number of planning proposals seeking over 52 amendments to the Bega Valley Shire Local Environmental Plan 2012.
- Preparation of a number of planning proposals for the Sydney Water Corporation regarding the re-zoning of the Fairlight Reservoir and Bondi Sewage Treatment Plant.
- Assessment on behalf of Warringah Council of two residential buildings over two stages at Dee Why including consolidation, subdivision, demolition and construction of two six-storey buildings comprising 201 apartments over basement car parking.
- Assessment on behalf of Hornsby Council of a residential building at Waitara comprising demolition and construction of a five-storey residential building including 81 units and two levels of basement care parking.
- Assessment on behalf of Hornsby Council of a residential building at Hornsby comprising demolition and construction of two nine-storey residential buildings comprising 106 apartments over basement car parking.
- Preparation of a number of Statement of Environmental Effects/Statement Against Criteria relating to a wide range of developments. These include:
- Residential: subdivision of land, medium density housing, integrated housing, dual occupancies, home activities.
- Commercial: commercial accommodation, Masters Home Improvement Centre, marine sales and showroom.
- Industrial: subdivision of land, rural dwellings and outbuildings, rural uses.
- Other: exhibition village, sales and information centre, bulk earthworks, civil infrastructure, signage, termination of strata schemes, variations to Crown Leases.
- Preparation of Council Reports and Joint Regional Planning Panel Reports.
- Preparation of Social Impact Assessments (ACT) for applications proposing the removal of the concessional status from Crown Leases.
- Preparation of applications seeking modifications to approved Development Applications.
- Preparation of submissions opposing proposed developments.
- Preparation and implementation of community consultation strategies.
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning (Honours), University of New England
- Member – Planning Institute of Australia
- Member – Master Builders ACT
- Member – National Association of Women in Construction
- Member – Property Council of Australia
- HTI Group
- Sydney Water
- Warringah Council
- Hornsby Council
- Bega Valley Council